Kristine Olson, Ph.D.
Office: McDonald #212
- PSY 1010 General Psychology
- PSY 2000 APA Writing Style
- PSY 3000 Statistical Methods in Psychology
- PSY 3010 Research Methods in Psychology
- PSY 3420 Psychology of Culture and Diversity
- PSY 4000 History of Psychology
- PSY 4510 Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- PSY 4860R Psychology Practicum
- Work-family integration.
- Diversity, sexual harassment, gender issues.
- Organizational climate, culture
Dr. Kristine J. Olson is interested in research focused on work-life integration, harassment, discrimination, and diversity in the workplace. She has been an Assistant Professor at Dixie State University since 2011.
Selected Publications and Presentations
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Olson, K. J. (2014). Initial Development and Validation of a Measure for Work, School, and Family Conflict. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 19, 46-59.
- Huffman, A. H., King, E., Olson, K. J., & O’Gara, T. (in press). Gender Role Beliefs and Fathers’ Work Family Conflict.Journal of Managerial Psychology.
- Olson, K. J., Huffman, A. H., Leiva, P. & Culbertson, S. Y. (2013). Acculturation and Individualism as Predictors of Work-Family Conflict in a Diverse Workforce. In press at Human Resource Management. 52, 741-769
- Estrada, A. X., Olson, K. J., Berggren, A., & Harbke, C. H. (2011). Evaluating a Brief Scale Measuring Psychological Climate for Sexual Harassment. Military Psychology, 23, 410-432.
Invited Guest Lecture
- Olson, K, J. (May, 2013). Women’s Leadership: Opportunities & Barriers in the United Arab Emirates and the United States of America. Lecture given at Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Peer Review Conference Presentations
- Benson, W. L., Probst, T. M., Jiang, L., Olson, K. J., & Graso, M. (2013). Insecurity in the Ivory Tower: Budgetary Effects of Pay and Job Insecurity on Faculty Outcomes. Poster accepted for presentation at Work, Stress, and Health 2013: Protecting and Promoting Total Worker Health, Los Angeles, CA.
- Olson, K. J., Huffman, A. H., Culbertson, S. Y., Perry, M., & Lucious, T. (2013). A Fine-Tuned Analysis of Behavior-Based Work-Family Conflict. Poster accepted for the the 121st annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Chew, C. E. & Olson, K. J. (2013). Religious Fundamentalism, Sex-Related Guilt, and Sex-Related Attitudes. A Fine-Tuned Analysis of Behavior-Based Work-Family Conflict. Poster accepted at the 121st annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Olson, K. J., Larsen-Rife, D., Litson, K., Fossand, S.,Mokiao, A., Oliver, D., & Abdollah, H. (2013). The Mediating Effect of Multicultural Programming on Diversity Climate. Poster accepted at the 121st Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Force, Z., Riskin, S., Huffman, A. H., Olson, K. J., & Berry, J. (2013). Effects of Motivation and Job Involvement on Work-School Integration.Poster submitted to the 121st annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Olson, K. J.(2012). Development and Initial Validation of a Work, Family, and School Conflict Measure. Poster accepted for presentation at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention: Orlando, FL.
- Olson, K. J., Estrada, A. X., & Ellis, K. E. (2011). The Effects of Work and School Role Congruence.Poster presented at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention: Washington, DC.
- Olson, K. J., & Estrada, A. X., (2011). Effect of Diversity Climate on Women Attorney’s Job and Organizational Outcomes. Paper presented as a part of a symposium to the 2011 Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Conference, Chicago, IL.